About Me

HI there! I’m Ms. Washington and thank you for checking out my blog. I would like to share a little something about myself. I have worked in education for 17 years. I first started as a substitute paraprofessional and I subbed for about 3 or 4 schools all around the same time. I first decided to become a Parprofessional as my child was in school and I wanted a job that will allow me to have the same time off when he did so we would have more time together. I wouldn’t work at his school because I felt that would be a conflict of interest. However, I did work at his school after he attened Jr. HIgh. I have also worked in Special Education as a 1:1 para for many students over the years. After 6 wonderful and amazing years I have retired as the Head Beasketball Cheerleading Coach at my former school. Coaching grades 5-8 is very challenging but also very rewarding. I see Coaching as mentoring. Over the years my former cheerleaders will invite me to their cheer events and I will go and support them as I am so very proud of my kids! Currently I am pursing my undergade in Early Childhood Education. My dream grade to teach is 2nd grade. To me 2nd grade is when students are fully able to understand, inquire and devolop thier own sense of awareness. Some of my hobbies include reading, watching movies with plot twists and I also learning how to knit! People say knitting is suppose to calm the soul, well.. all I can say is I’m a work in progress! I also love to cook fun, quick and easy dishes. But my favorite meal to cool is Sea Food Crab/Shrimp boil!  I am new to bloging but I am so excited to try something new and different for me. Hopefull my blog will bring insite and laughs for all the Paraprofessionals who too are in college pursuing thier degree. Let take this journy together.

2 thoughts on “About Me